The second-ever Gartner Magic Quadrant for Privileged Access Management has been published, and BeyondTrust is pleased to announce that we have again been named a Leader!
The 2020 edition of the Magic Quadrant provides an evaluation and assessment of 12 participating PAM vendors. Organizations are evaluated across completeness of vision and ability to execute, with the report drilling down across dozens of criteria.
This year, along with the Magic Quadrant, Gartner published a supplemental report, the 2020 Critical Capabilities for Privileged Access Management, which includes additional analysis and vendor rankings. BeyondTrust achieved top-2 vendor product scoring for both Global Enterprise Use Cases and the Midsize and Large Enterprise Use Cases categories.
We believe these two new research reports validate BeyondTrust’s strengths in the PAM market, including platform breadth, solution depth, integrations, value, and time-to-value. We invite you to complimentary copies of Gartner’s two report on the PAM market and vendors, and compare us against the rest of the vendors.
Here are what we believe to be a few differentiators of BeyondTrust PAM solutions:
- Ease of deployment and scalability
- Robust out-of-the-box and customizable analytics and reporting functionalities,
- Privilege elevation and delegation (PEDM) features and platform breadth. We believe our PEDM product, called Endpoint Privilege Management, is unparalleled in the space for enforcing least privilege and implementing advanced application control capabilities.
- Mature, secure remote access capabilities for supporting internal and third-party users
- Just-in-time (JIT) privileged access management (PAM): we support 6 methods JIT PAM methods, whereas no other vendor can deliver more than four. A just-in-time access approach is necessary for enforcing true least privilege and limiting privileged access by duration—not just by amount of privileged access.
- Trusted application protection, which layers on advanced application control capabilities for the Endpoint Privilege Management solution and can even protect against fileless attacks
- File integrity monitoring for our Unix and Linux privilege management solution
For more highlights and BeyondTrust analysis, as well as a projection of what the future of PAM holds, read on.
The PAM Magic Quadrant: Today & Beyond
As proponents of a Universal Privileged Management approach, in BeyondTrust’s view, the 2020 edition of the Gartner Magic Quadrant continues to be heavily weighted toward privileged account and session management (PASM). PASM—managing privileged credentials (human/machine), accounts, and sessions—is an unequivocally critical piece of PAM. However, as privileged threats increasingly exploit endpoints and remote access pathways, we believe the present and future of PAM should equally weight privileged elevation and delegation management (PEDM) and secure remote access (SRA). As we lay out in our Universal Privilege Management model, it takes all three PAM pillars (PASM, PEDM, SRA) working together to holistically address the modern PAM threatscape and use cases.
While the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Critical Capabilities Reports offer independent, expert-researched snapshots of the vendor market and PAM landscape, BeyondTrust’s innovation is continuous and relentless. Since the report’s product release cut-off date (January 2020), BeyondTrust has announced several significant product releases. This includes the launch of our leading Endpoint Privilege Management (PEDM) solution in the cloud as SaaS, many remote support enhancements around service desk integration and automation, and leaps forward in several capabilities for the management of DevOps secrets. You can find more information on those releases here:
- Privilege Management for Windows and Mac SaaS (part of Endpoint Privilege Management)
- Remote Support 20.1
- DevOps Secrets Safe v20.3
BeyondTrust is recognized in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Privileged Access Management for both our ability to execute and completeness of vision, in the Leaders Quadrant. However, we can make a strong case that no other PAM leader has had more momentum since the time this report was conducted. 2020 has been a highly disruptive year, yet BeyondTrust solutions are experiencing unprecedented demand to keep our world’s businesses and economies running.
In the first half of 2020, BeyondTrust:
- Grew new bookings by more than 35% year-over-year
- Increased new PAM SaaS bookings by 170%, adding 400 new cloud customers
- Continued to exceed customer renewals of 90%
- Helped hundreds of organizations respond to the massive work-from-home shift with free licenses to help secure and support remote workers
BeyondTrust is now far beyond the late-2018 to mid-2019 integration process during which we made significant investments in our entire technology stack, including not only new and enhanced solutions, but also upgraded back-end systems, a new customer portal, and more. This has translated into BeyondTrust not only having the strongest product portfolio, but also the most empowered, efficient, and effective workforce in the PAM market. These investments, along with our continued product innovation, excellence and relevance, contributed greatly to our momentous H1 2020.
Universal Privilege Management in 2020 & Beyond
Social distancing regulations and guidelines compelled by COVID-19 have rapidly accelerated the shift to remote work, cloud adoption, and digital transformation. This has been a significant impetus behind the rapidly growing adoption of BeyondTrust’s greatest PAM differentiators, our robust and flexible Endpoint Privilege Management and Secure Remote Access solutions. Clearly, we have shifted well beyond a PASM-centric PAM world. The market is validating in real-time that effective modern PAM programs hinge on successful deployment of the three-pillar approach that BeyondTrust has trailblazed with our Universal Privilege Management model.
Take a Deeper Look a BeyondTrust PAM Solutions
BeyondTrust PAM solutions work in an integrated way to unify control over your entire privilege universe and drastically reduce your attack surface. Together, our solutions enable organizations to secure and manage privileges across every user, session, and asset. Here are a few reasons why BeyondTrust may be a good fit for you:
- Offers a complete PAM platform, comprised of three solutions that can be purchased and rolled out separately, but integrate together, and can be centrally managed via one console
- Provides the most robust, complete, and flexible approach for enforcing least privilege via our just-in-time PAM capabilities across the platform, as well as via our unsurpassed privilege elevation and delegation capabilities
- Delivers a truly integrated platform that combines multiple capabilities, including reporting and threat analytics, that reduces risk quickly
- Jump-starts results with rapid time-to-value. Our unique quick-start capabilities enable customers to achieve leaps in cyber risk reduction and productivity enhancement, in hours or days, versus weeks or months with competitor solutions
And, if you have more specific questions about BeyondTrust, or want to start evaluating our solutions, contact us here.
Gartner Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties.
Matt Miller, Senior Content Marketing Manager, BeyondTrust
Matt Miller is a Senior Content Marketing Manager at BeyondTrust. Prior to BeyondTrust, he developed and executed marketing strategies on cyber security and cloud technologies in roles at Accelerite (a business unit of Persistent Systems), WatchGuard Technologies, and Microsoft. Earlier in his career Matt held various roles in IR, marketing, and corporate communications in the biotech / biopharmaceutical industry. His experience and interests traverse cyber security, cloud / virtualization, IoT, economics, information governance, and risk management. He is also an avid homebrewer (working toward his Black Belt in beer) and writer.