BeyondTrust has been providing secure appliances since 2007 for our Retina vulnerability management solutions, and since 2012 for our PowerBroker privileged access management solutions. BeyondTrust’s UVM appliances feature the BeyondInsight platform which unifies vulnerability management, privilege management, and threat analytics into a single pane of glass available in both physical and virtual form factors. BeyondTrust is proud to continue this innovation with the release of version 2.0 of our appliance offerings with distinct features to accommodate the evolving threat landscape:
- A new HTML 5 Configuration Wizard for the initial setup of all appliance versions (see the screenshot below)
- Import and Export of appliance configuration setting for rapid deployment of multiple appliances and initial backup of settings
- New Health Monitoring system to alert or email appliance health, performance, and service settings to ensure system integrity
- FIPS Certification Compliance Updates for Common Criteria Compliance (EAL2)
- Inclusion of the latest release of BeyondInsight and third party utilities
- Latest version of maintenance, security updates, and BeyondTrust patch update utility for Microsoft Windows and SQL Server
[caption id="attachment_17449" align="alignnone" width="800"] The new HTML 5 Configuration Wizard simplifies initial set-up of the appliance.[/caption]
This version will be available at the end of July 2016 and will begin automatic updates on a limited basis to clients configured to receive updates automatically within their appliance installations. In addition, BeyondTrust will begin shipping version 2.0 of the appliances with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 in August to meet additional requirements our clients have been requesting.
Rest assured, older versions of the appliances are fully supported until January 2020 and an upgrade path will be available later this year for clients wishing to update their existing appliances to the latest OS and SQL versions.