Avecto, the leader in Windows privilege management, will launch the McAfee ePO Edition of its Privilege Guard solution at this year's McAfee Focus 12 Security Conference, held Oct. 22 - 24 in Las Vegas.
With this new edition, Avecto is bringing to market an integrated solution that provides complete management of the Privilege Guard solution from within the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) platform, enabling customers to manage policies, deploy the Privilege Guard client and report activity across the enterprise, all from a single management console. This edition is built around the same core Privilege Guard technology that enables users to be productive without compromising an enterprise's security posture.
"We are pleased to see Avecto continue to augment the integration of their Windows Privilege Management solution with McAfee ePO software," said Ed Barry, vice president of the Security Innovation Alliance at McAfee. "This new interoperability between McAfee ePO software and Privilege Guard are expected to deliver new efficiencies and operational advantages to our mutual customers."
As a Gold Sponsor at FOCUS12, Avecto will be providing demos of Privilege Guard working with McAfee ePO software at exhibitor booth #108 during the FOCUS Sponsor Expo. The integrated technology boasts three key benefits designed to maximize flexibility, security, and usability:
- Policy Management - provides full policy management from within the McAfee ePO software console, including the ability to automatically create policies from audit events that are captured at the endpoints and forwarded to ePO.
- Privilege Guard Client Deployment - enables the deployment of the Privilege Guard client through McAfee ePO software, including tracking the versions of the client that have been deployed to endpoints across the enterprise
- Enterprise Auditing and Reporting - provides granular control over the events that are forwarded from the endpoints to ePO, including a range of McAfee ePO software dashboards that report on privileged applications, processes and users.
In addition, Avecto co-founder and CTO Mark Austin, will lead a session on "Benefits of Using Least Privilege to Comply with Regulatory Standards" on Wednesday, Oct. 24 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. in the Lando Room in the Palazzo Congress Center. The presentation will show how organizations, faced with regulations from Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) to HIPAA, can comply with these stringent legislations without compromising security or productivity. Attendees will:
- Discover new ways global organizations are using least privilege to address compliance challenges;
- Learn how to optimize risk management, ensure compliance, establish organizational standards, and enable effective monitoring and reporting;
- Determine how to empower users as they perform their daily tasks.
Update: Privilege Guard is now Defendpoint
Privilege Guard has now evolved into the new security suite, Defendpoint, which encompasses Privilege Management, Application Control and Sandboxing. For more information, please visit www.avecto.com/defendpoint.