Avecto, the leader in Windows privilege management, today announced the latest powerful feature enhancements for its award winning Privilege Guard technology.
"Supporting both Windows XP and Windows 7 with the same enhanced capabilities improves the security posture of organizations worldwide as they make the critical transition to Windows 7.
Windows 7 includes many new and welcomed security enhancements, but does not address the challenge that IT departments face in eliminating admin rights. IT needs to give users the necessary control over their systems which empower them in the performance of their roles, without compromising system security", said Tony Bolland, CEO, Avecto.
In his recent Technology Audit - Tim Stammers from Ovum recommends 'Planned desktop migrations from Windows XP to Windows 7 should be considered as an opportunity to implement Privilege Guard'
This latest version of Privilege Guard enables organizations to implement the principle of least privilege - all users can be given a standard user account as Privilege Guard can be used to manage privileged activity through centrally managed policies.
Key enhancements include:
- Extended application rules provide the industry's most comprehensive means of identifying applications for application control and privilege management
- Fully customizable Windows 7 style messaging, including the ability to display a customer header with a company logo, to provide a corporate look and feel
- Policy expiration and time restrictions enable IT to expire a policy on a set date and time or restrict a policy to specific times of the day
- Reporting console enhancements, including the ability to connect to a central Event Collector using Microsoft Event Forwarding
- The new Programs and Features Manager allows advanced users to install, modify and uninstall software for themselves
"When choosing a Least Privilege solution, we needed to make sure our IT systems would be just as strong as other aspects of our security chain. Avecto's Privilege Guard has enabled us to introduce a powerful level of flexible laptop and desktop lockdown without compromising end users productivity. " said Rob Cryan, CISSP Sr. Manager, Information Security, Commerce Insurance/Mapfre.
Cryan went on to say that, "We chose Privilege Guard over other products as Avecto had a superior feature set and granularity to what was out on the market."
Update: Privilege Guard is now Defendpoint
Privilege Guard has now evolved into the new security suite, Defendpoint, which encompasses Privilege Management, Application Control and Sandboxing. For more information, please visit www.avecto.com/defendpoint.