Active Directory Changes Got You Down?
When active directory goes down, everyone notices. Users cannot log in, applications become unusable and organizations lose money. Let’s face it, even without malicious events, people still make mistakes. Although recovering from directory outages can be streamlined with point in time and continuous recovery solutions such as PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory, it’s always less expensive to prevent the outage in the first place.
What if you could have a firewall for your directory to not only stop suspicious and unauthorized changes, but also to alert you to them in real-time? That’s exactly what PowerBroker Auditor can do for your Active Directory infrastructure. With PowerBroker Auditor you can prevent changes at the object and attribute level to protect your directory and your business. It’s simple, centralized and provides real-time visibility into violations.
While you may believe you don’t need a firewall for your active directory ask yourself:
- Has my directory ever required recovery of deleted or modified objects? Could I prevent this from happening again?
- Have changes to Active Directory services or other critical accounts and groups caused user downtime? Could I prevent this from happening again?
- Have my administrators ever made mistakes managing objects, which resulted in user downtime? Could I prevent this from happening again?
- Do I have sensitive OUs and objects that I need to protect and monitor for security and compliance reasons?
- Do I outsource directory management, but still need to ensure certain directory objects or attributes cannot be changed, even by your outsourced administrators?
If answers to these questions are vital to your IT environment and you think you could use a little more juice than provided by Microsoft native tools, have a look at our firewall for Active Directory: PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory