Live Webcasts, Webinars and Podcasts
Our security experts have compiled a plethora of resources together to help you get more value out
of BeyondTrust products and solutions.
Recently, security researchers in Germany outlined a new type of USB firmware attack that could be used to completely hijack systems and introduce malware, redirect network traffic, and much more. Dubbed "BadUSB", this type of attack raises serious questions about hardware integrity, supply chain security, and how we currently prevent or detect deeply embedded malware. How can organizations prevent introduction of unauthorized devices that could potentially be infected with malware, at the firmware level?
Join Dave Shackleford, SANS Instructor & Founder, Voodoo Security in an engaging webcast where he'll discuss:
- The "BadUSB" attack and other firmware security research and attacks of the last several years
- Why you need to develop a sound supply chain security program
- How privileged account and vulnerability management can help reduce your risk of unauthorized devices and related attacks
It’s no secret that granting excessive privileges to Windows users is a breach waiting to happen, whether by malicious insiders or at the hands of an external attackers. But how do you rein in your end users without them hissing at every turn?
During this webcast, Kevin Johnson of Secure Ideas will present best practices for handling Windows authentication and access control. He will present techniques for discovering often-missed access and privilege issues within your organization's internal systems. You’ll also learn how to secure these problem areas without creating new headaches for your end-users (and yourself).
Key takeaways include:
- A checklist of Windows access control and privilege pitfalls
- Techniques for identifying and addressing problem areas
- Tips for balancing security and end-user productivity
Organizations spend a significant amount of money on cyber security, but more often than not they don't focus on the right areas; internal threats. A key theme of security is Know Thy System & User. An organization cannot protect what it does not know about. Very often organizations focus their energy on advanced techniques but fail to build a proper privilege foundation that is required for success. Only by implementing least privilege, asset identification, configuration management and change control can an organization build security, inside and outside, that works.
In this engaging talk, Dr. Cole will discuss actionable items that show how to build a defendable network from the inside out. Find out what the top organizations are doing in setting up least privilege and access to properly protect their organizations.
Today’s threats from advanced targeted attacks and privileged insiders require companies to significantly improve their abilities to manage their privileged accounts. In this webinar, Larry Brock, former CISO at Dupont, will discuss the one common thread of all recent major attacks; compromised privileged credentials.
Join this insightful webinar to find out why it is critical to address these threats and learn:
- Why your CEO is concerned and what the business drivers are
- Pitfalls to avoid when managing privileged credentials
- Best practices for implementing least privilege and escalating privileges
- Tips for session management and monitoring
- What to look for in privileged account management suites