Live Webcasts, Webinars and Podcasts
Our security experts have compiled a plethora of resources together to help you get more value out
of BeyondTrust products and solutions.
It’s no secret that granting excessive privileges to Windows users is a breach waiting to happen, whether by malicious insiders or at the hands of an external attackers. But how do you rein in your end users without them hissing at every turn?
During this webcast, Kevin Johnson of Secure Ideas will present best practices for handling Windows authentication and access control. He will present techniques for discovering often-missed access and privilege issues within your organization's internal systems. You’ll also learn how to secure these problem areas without creating new headaches for your end-users (and yourself).
Key takeaways include:
- A checklist of Windows access control and privilege pitfalls
- Techniques for identifying and addressing problem areas
- Tips for balancing security and end-user productivity
Organizations spend a significant amount of money on cyber security, but more often than not they don't focus on the right areas; internal threats. A key theme of security is Know Thy System & User. An organization cannot protect what it does not know about. Very often organizations focus their energy on advanced techniques but fail to build a proper privilege foundation that is required for success. Only by implementing least privilege, asset identification, configuration management and change control can an organization build security, inside and outside, that works.
In this engaging talk, Dr. Cole will discuss actionable items that show how to build a defendable network from the inside out. Find out what the top organizations are doing in setting up least privilege and access to properly protect their organizations.
Today’s threats from advanced targeted attacks and privileged insiders require companies to significantly improve their abilities to manage their privileged accounts. In this webcast, Larry Brock, former CISO at Dupont, will discuss the one common thread of all recent major attacks; compromised privileged credentials.
Join this insightful webcast to find out why it is critical to address these threats and learn:
- Why your CEO is concerned and what the business drivers are
- Pitfalls to avoid when managing privileged credentials
- Best practices for implementing least privilege and escalating privileges
- Tips for session management and monitoring
- What to look for in privileged account management suites
At the beginning of August, a news story broke claiming that Russian hackers had stolen over a billion internet passwords. In later weeks, some skepticism was cast on that story in its entirety, but that story is really just another in a long line of password breaches.
This begs the question - why do we keep experiencing these breaches? What impact do they have, and how do we get ahead of this concern? In this webcast with SANS Instructor, Dave Shackleford, we'll examine some of the more high-profile password breaches in the recent year, and look at why these may be happening. We'll also explore how more attention to privileged account and vulnerability management can play a big role in getting a handle on these types of issues in your own environments.
The holidays are generally a time for family, friends and cheer, but with all of this cheer comes something lurking in the dark; security breaches. As we prepare for the upcoming holiday season, it is imperative for organizations to understand the importance of implementing a security and compliance strategy. The most important components to address are least privilege, auditing, password management, and compliance.
Join this engaging webcast, hosted by Oracle and BeyondTrust, to learn how you can best protect your organization during the upcoming holiday season. By attending this webcast, you'll learn:
- Why it's important to implement a least privilege strategy this holiday season
- Understanding your organization’s data security compliance efforts
- Managing and implementing least privilege with BeyondTrust PowerBroker & Oracle Linux
- What you can do NOW to beef up your organization’s security & compliance program
Speakers: Paul Harper, Product Manager for Server & Vulnerability Products, BeyondTrust
Michele Casey, Director of Product Management, Oracle Linux, Oracle
With the increase in malware, unintended installations, and the heavy reliance on administrative access on Windows desktops today, Microsoft's User Account Control (UAC) can be a good tool to use in keeping an environment secure against these ever-evolving threats. It's a good start but unfortunately UAC is not perfect.
Join this engaging webcast with Derek Schauland, Microsoft MVP, and learn how you can effectively amp up your Windows desktop security while still empowering users to get their jobs done. Learn how PowerBroker for Windows helps companies work with User Account Control to ensure that employees can access the applications they need without needing it to disable the feature.
Takeaways for this session:
- Understanding the good and the bad of User Account Control (UAC)
- See how UAC can work with other solutions to help keep systems secure and allow the empowerment of End Users
- Be able to explain UAC to others on your team and throughout the organization so key players can see why certain decisions are necessary and why security should be a top priority