Live Webcasts, Webinars and Podcasts
Our security experts have compiled a plethora of resources together to help you get more value out
of BeyondTrust products and solutions.
Microsoft’s Group Policy is awesomely powerful. With one click, you can increase conformity to desktops, update look and feel settings, and increase overall desktop security. But when Group Policy Objects and their settings are created and edited, do you know what happens underneath the hood? An even better question is how do you audit these types changes? When you have a team of administrators, are you able to answer the questions; “who made what change?” and “did my setting actually make it there?”?
Join this engaging webcast with Jeremy Moskowitz, Group Policy MVP and Founder of GPanswers.com and PolicyPak Software, to learn exactly what’s possible with Microsoft’s in-the-box utilities and additional techniques to ensure that when you make changes, you have a true handle on what’s happening within your network.
Today’s threats from advanced targeted attacks and privileged insiders require companies to significantly improve their abilities to manage their privileged accounts. In this webcast, Larry Brock, former CISO at Dupont, will discuss the one common thread of all recent major attacks; compromised privileged credentials.
Join this insightful webcast to find out why it is critical to address these threats and learn:
- Why your CEO is concerned and what the business drivers are
- Pitfalls to avoid when managing privileged credentials
- Best practices for implementing least privilege and escalating privileges
- Tips for session management and monitoring
- What to look for in privileged account management suites
Join Russell Smith, author of Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP, and learn about strategies for securing end user accounts without negatively impacting usability. This webcast looks at using technologies native to Windows to minimize the risk of system and data compromise, including solving problems with legacy application compatibility in least privilege environments, application control, User Account Control (UAC), and embracing Microsoft’s new application architecture (Windows Store apps) in Windows 8.
During the session attendees will learn:
- How the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) can solve compatibility problems associated with legacy applications running in least privilege environments
- Why using Windows 7 (and later) AppLocker is important in addition to removing administrative rights
- Why User Account Control isn’t just about annoying security alerts
- The security benefits of apps developed using the Windows Runtime (WinRT), and allowing users to install apps from the Windows Store
At the beginning of August, a news story broke claiming that Russian hackers had stolen over a billion internet passwords. In later weeks, some skepticism was cast on that story in its entirety, but that story is really just another in a long line of password breaches.
This begs the question - why do we keep experiencing these breaches? What impact do they have, and how do we get ahead of this concern? In this webcast with SANS Instructor, Dave Shackleford, we'll examine some of the more high-profile password breaches in the recent year, and look at why these may be happening. We'll also explore how more attention to privileged account and vulnerability management can play a big role in getting a handle on these types of issues in your own environments.
The holidays are generally a time for family, friends and cheer, but with all of this cheer comes something lurking in the dark; security breaches. As we prepare for the upcoming holiday season, it is imperative for organizations to understand the importance of implementing a security and compliance strategy. The most important components to address are least privilege, auditing, password management, and compliance.
Join this engaging webinar, hosted by Oracle and BeyondTrust, to learn how you can best protect your organization during the upcoming holiday season. By attending this webcast, you'll learn:
- Why it's important to implement a least privilege strategy this holiday season
- Understanding your organization’s data security compliance efforts
- Managing and implementing least privilege with BeyondTrust PowerBroker & Oracle Linux
- What you can do NOW to beef up your organization’s security & compliance program
With the increase in malware, unintended installations, and the heavy reliance on administrative access on Windows desktops today, Microsoft's User Account Control (UAC) can be a good tool to use in keeping an environment secure against these ever-evolving threats. It's a good start but unfortunately UAC is not perfect.
Join this engaging webcast with Derek Schauland, Microsoft MVP, and learn how you can effectively amp up your Windows desktop security while still empowering users to get their jobs done. Learn how PowerBroker for Windows helps companies work with User Account Control to ensure that employees can access the applications they need without needing it to disable the feature.
Takeaways for this session:
- Understanding the good and the bad of User Account Control (UAC)
- See how UAC can work with other solutions to help keep systems secure and allow the empowerment of End Users
- Be able to explain UAC to others on your team and throughout the organization so key players can see why certain decisions are necessary and why security should be a top priority