Retina Protection Agent
Local vulnerability assessment and zero-day protection for your transient computing systems, and for those which require
added levels of protection from today’s complex threats. Retina Protection Agent is included with
the Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution.
Stronger Networks Through Host Based Security
Remote vulnerability assessment will protect most systems, but what about those blocked by firewalls or segregated from the network? What about mobile and offline devices? These are potential gaps that could be exploited.
The Retina Protection Agent, included with Retina CS, closes the security gap created by systems that can't be reached with remote vulnerability assessments alone by providing a lightweight agent for local vulnerability assessment, continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring, and intrusion prevention. Get complete risk discovery even for systems that are offline or disconnected from the network or 'exception' systems that can’t be changed due to external regulations. And, with RPA, you get an additional layer of protection with continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring and intrusion prevention.
“Retina significantly improved network security, facilitates security compliance, and continues to be an important solution in the enterprise. ”Martin Maxwell
Network Management Team, CA Dept. of Transportation
- Local Vulnerability Assessment
- Provides local vulnerability assessment capabilities to close the gap created by systems that can't be reached with a remote vulnerability assessment alone.
- Zero-Day Protection and Intrusion Prevention
- Provides zero-day protection where a vendor has not yet created signatures or patches to protect against vulnerabilities in their operating system or application.
- Storage Protection
- Prevents data leakage by regulating usage of USB and Firewire storage devices, helping demonstrate institutional control for highly-regulated organizations.
- Centralized Visibility
- Provides full visibility into both remote and local vulnerabilities through the Retina CS Management Console and the integrated Retina Insight Threat Intelligence Module.
- Locally secure: Increased security through comprehensive local vulnerability scanning
- Solid foundation: Based upon the industry’s most respected vulnerability scanning technology, Retina Network Security Scanner.
- Simple migration: Faster mitigation with risk-level vulnerability prioritization with Retina CS.
- Efficient: Optimized network performance through non-intrusive scanning.
- Virtually secure: Reduce risk and close security gaps with vulnerability assessment for virtual applications.
Retina Protection Agent
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of Retina Protection Agent. Retina Protection Agent is a lightweight agent that augments Retina's remote vulnerability assessment with local vulnerability assessment capabilities. This simple tool eases the burden of meeting even the most stringent regulatory compliance, reduces security risks, and improves overall security across your environment.
Leveraging complex, frequently updated passwords is a basic security best practice for protecting privileged accounts in your organisation. But if passwords are such a no-brainer, why do so many data breaches tie back to poor password management? more
PowerBroker for Windows has been selected as a winner by the 2015 Cyber Defense Magazine Awards Program in the category of “Most Innovative Identity and Access Management Solution”. more
There is one thing that should change more frequently than the weather: Your privileged passwords. Why? If you’re like more than 25% of companies out there, then your current IT environment contains unmanaged accounts putting you at risk of data breaches and compliance violations, and you don’t have a process to control those accounts. more
Webinar: Security MVP, Paula Januszkiewicz, shows Windows administrators how to be more aware of what happens whenever somebody does something within the system. more
Remote vulnerability detection - using ms15-034 as an example. more
The 2015 Verizon report says end users are the number one source of insider abuse incidents. Find out how to mitigate the risks. more
Microsoft gave everyone a breather in this month’s Patch Tuesday, serving up fixes for a surprisingly modest 26 vulnerabilities. The fixes address various flaws including remote code execution, information disclosure, security feature bypass and cross-site scripting to name a few. Let’s dive right in: MS15-032 – Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3038314) IE makes... more
On Demand Webinar with Cyber Security Expert, Derek A. Smith - For years organizations have worked diligently to lock down their perimeters from external threats only to find out that the most devastating enemy is already inside their doors. more
BeyondTrust has released version 5.5 of PowerBroker Password Safe, our solution for automating privileged password and privileged session management. This new release features some exciting enhancements – especially around threat analytics and SSH key management. Read on for more. more
On Demand Webinar - Randy Franklin Smith looks at how to audit what admins do inside Linux and UNIX with sudo’s logging capabilities. Then, the BeyondTrust team will walk through how to augment sudo for complete control and auditing over UNIX and Linux user activity. moreSee all Retina Protection Agent blog posts