Retina Protection Agent
Local vulnerability assessment and zero-day protection for your transient computing systems, and for those which require
added levels of protection from today’s complex threats. Retina Protection Agent is included with
the Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution.
Stronger Networks Through Host Based Security
Remote vulnerability assessment will protect most systems, but what about those blocked by firewalls or segregated from the network? What about mobile and offline devices? These are potential gaps that could be exploited.
The Retina Protection Agent, included with Retina CS, closes the security gap created by systems that can't be reached with remote vulnerability assessments alone by providing a lightweight agent for local vulnerability assessment, continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring, and intrusion prevention. Get complete risk discovery even for systems that are offline or disconnected from the network or 'exception' systems that can’t be changed due to external regulations. And, with RPA, you get an additional layer of protection with continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring and intrusion prevention.
“Retina significantly improved network security, facilitates security compliance, and continues to be an important solution in the enterprise. ”Martin Maxwell
Network Management Team, CA Dept. of Transportation
- Local Vulnerability Assessment
- Provides local vulnerability assessment capabilities to close the gap created by systems that can't be reached with a remote vulnerability assessment alone.
- Zero-Day Protection and Intrusion Prevention
- Provides zero-day protection where a vendor has not yet created signatures or patches to protect against vulnerabilities in their operating system or application.
- Storage Protection
- Prevents data leakage by regulating usage of USB and Firewire storage devices, helping demonstrate institutional control for highly-regulated organizations.
- Centralized Visibility
- Provides full visibility into both remote and local vulnerabilities through the Retina CS Management Console and the integrated Retina Insight Threat Intelligence Module.
- Locally secure: Increased security through comprehensive local vulnerability scanning
- Solid foundation: Based upon the industry’s most respected vulnerability scanning technology, Retina Network Security Scanner.
- Simple migration: Faster mitigation with risk-level vulnerability prioritization with Retina CS.
- Efficient: Optimized network performance through non-intrusive scanning.
- Virtually secure: Reduce risk and close security gaps with vulnerability assessment for virtual applications.
Retina Protection Agent
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of Retina Protection Agent. Retina Protection Agent is a lightweight agent that augments Retina's remote vulnerability assessment with local vulnerability assessment capabilities. This simple tool eases the burden of meeting even the most stringent regulatory compliance, reduces security risks, and improves overall security across your environment.
Live webinar | March 26, 2015 | 10am PT/1pm ET | Dave Shackleford, SANS Instructor | Why You Still Suck at Patching...and How to Turn Your Life Around more
BeyondTrust recently conducted a survey, with over 700 respondents, to explore how organizations view the risk of misuse from privileged account misuse, as well as trends in addressing and mitigating those risks. more
On-Demand Webinar - Windows Security Expert and MCSE, Russell Smith, discusses the Windows Events you should be tracking right now and why. He will also show you how to set up Event Log subscriptions so you have better monitoring across your Windows environments. more
Healthcare data breaches are becoming far too common and the data extracted is more harmful to the public than credit card data. As a healthcare organization, reducing security breaches should be a top agenda item. more
Join Group Policy MVP, Jeremy Moskowitz of GPanswers.com, and learn several ways to backup your GPOs, and ensure that when disasters occur (and they always do) that you’re prepared and ready to act. This is a webinar you don't want to miss! more
Premera Blue Cross, a major health care services provider, recently disclosed information regarding a data breach that could impact 11 million of its customers. According to Premera’s cyberattack website created to disseminate information about the breach, hackers gained access to their systems and may have accessed customer information including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers,... more
New webinar featuring Security Expert MVP, Paula Januszkiewicz in a discussion on Enterprise Password Management. more
Microsoft patched 44 CVEs across 14 bulletins this month, with vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer and Adobe Font Driver necessitating the bulk of those fixes. With so many bulletins, it was only natural that a wide variety of security flaws were found: remote code execution, elevation of privilege, denial of service, information disclosure, cross-site scripting, spoofing and security feature bypass were all present and accounted... more
A lot depends on whether or not you've been compromised. And therein lies the problem. Cyber threats are often ignored until they cause some damage, at which point management looks for people to blame and gives all kinds of attention to fixing the problem – until the next crisis in accounting or warehousing or staffing comes along. more
Join BeyondTrust Research and Development team for an in-depth live webinar that will explore the attack vectors used in the Carbanak Bank Breach and share successful mitigation techniques needed to prevent this type of attack. moreSee all Retina Protection Agent blog posts