Retina Protection Agent
Local vulnerability assessment and zero-day protection for your transient computing systems, and for those which require
added levels of protection from today’s complex threats. Retina Protection Agent is included with
the Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution.
Stronger Networks Through Host Based Security
Remote vulnerability assessment will protect most systems, but what about those blocked by firewalls or segregated from the network? What about mobile and offline devices? These are potential gaps that could be exploited.
The Retina Protection Agent, included with Retina CS, closes the security gap created by systems that can't be reached with remote vulnerability assessments alone by providing a lightweight agent for local vulnerability assessment, continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring, and intrusion prevention. Get complete risk discovery even for systems that are offline or disconnected from the network or 'exception' systems that can’t be changed due to external regulations. And, with RPA, you get an additional layer of protection with continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring and intrusion prevention.
“Retina significantly improved network security, facilitates security compliance, and continues to be an important solution in the enterprise. ”Martin Maxwell
Network Management Team, CA Dept. of Transportation
- Local Vulnerability Assessment
- Provides local vulnerability assessment capabilities to close the gap created by systems that can't be reached with a remote vulnerability assessment alone.
- Zero-Day Protection and Intrusion Prevention
- Provides zero-day protection where a vendor has not yet created signatures or patches to protect against vulnerabilities in their operating system or application.
- Storage Protection
- Prevents data leakage by regulating usage of USB and Firewire storage devices, helping demonstrate institutional control for highly-regulated organizations.
- Centralized Visibility
- Provides full visibility into both remote and local vulnerabilities through the Retina CS Management Console and the integrated Retina Insight Threat Intelligence Module.
- Locally secure: Increased security through comprehensive local vulnerability scanning
- Solid foundation: Based upon the industry’s most respected vulnerability scanning technology, Retina Network Security Scanner.
- Simple migration: Faster mitigation with risk-level vulnerability prioritization with Retina CS.
- Efficient: Optimized network performance through non-intrusive scanning.
- Virtually secure: Reduce risk and close security gaps with vulnerability assessment for virtual applications.
Retina Protection Agent
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of Retina Protection Agent. Retina Protection Agent is a lightweight agent that augments Retina's remote vulnerability assessment with local vulnerability assessment capabilities. This simple tool eases the burden of meeting even the most stringent regulatory compliance, reduces security risks, and improves overall security across your environment.
We’re all concerned that someday an external hacker will try to gain access to your company’s critical data and systems. The problem? Your endpoints – both your workstations and servers – bypass (and often leave) the safety and security of your environment daily. more
In a survey of more than 100 customers, those customers indicated that BeyondTrust’s low powerbroker-difference-2total cost of ownership was a competitive differentiator versus other options in the privileged account management market. more
After all the years of talk about biometrics and multi-factor authentication, we still have passwords and will likely have them for a long time. Because many “high risk” systems require complex passwords (zk7&@1c6), most people that use them believe their passwords are secure. But they aren't. more
There were 6 key principles, or recommendations, that Gartner suggested were important drivers towards a great cyber resiliency posture. I commented more than once during the conference that many of these things were not new. They are all important recommendations that are best when placed together and given to senior management and the board - a critical element of organisations that desperately need to "get it". more
BeyondTrust commissioned a study of our customer base in early 2015 to determine how we are different from other alternatives in the market. What we learned was that there were six key differentiators that separate BeyondTrust from other solution providers in the market. We call it the PowerBroker difference, more
In the last several years, Mac administrators have come to realize that they may be just as vulnerable to exploits and malware as most other operating systems. New malware and adware is released all the time, and there have been serious vulnerabilities patched by Apple in the past several years, some of which may afford attackers full control of your systems. more
Customers in the throes of deploying their privileged account management solutions often ask us, “What’s next?” Whether it is a greenfield deployment, an expanding BeyondTrust footprint or a competitive switch-out, having a plan – a target end state – is essential. more
Microsoft released an out-of-band patch to address a critical vulnerability that affects all versions Internet Explorer. It should be noted that Windows 10 is also affected due to its default installation of IE 11. more
Learn how to properly define auditing, what kinds of detail auditors require so you can successfully pass an audit, and what kind of expectation you should have when it comes to proper time frame to address audits – all when using a 2.0 definition of an IT Audit. more
The KuppingerCole Executive View reviews the products in the Suite – including PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory, Exchange, File System and SQL, as well as PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory – including our business strategy, strengths and weaknesses. moreSee all Retina Protection Agent blog posts