Retina Protection Agent
Local vulnerability assessment and zero-day protection for your transient computing systems, and for those which require
added levels of protection from today’s complex threats. Retina Protection Agent is included with
the Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management solution.
Stronger Networks Through Host Based Security
Remote vulnerability assessment will protect most systems, but what about those blocked by firewalls or segregated from the network? What about mobile and offline devices? These are potential gaps that could be exploited.
The Retina Protection Agent, included with Retina CS, closes the security gap created by systems that can't be reached with remote vulnerability assessments alone by providing a lightweight agent for local vulnerability assessment, continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring, and intrusion prevention. Get complete risk discovery even for systems that are offline or disconnected from the network or 'exception' systems that can’t be changed due to external regulations. And, with RPA, you get an additional layer of protection with continuous zero-day vulnerability monitoring and intrusion prevention.
“Retina significantly improved network security, facilitates security compliance, and continues to be an important solution in the enterprise. ”Martin Maxwell
Network Management Team, CA Dept. of Transportation
- Local Vulnerability Assessment
- Provides local vulnerability assessment capabilities to close the gap created by systems that can't be reached with a remote vulnerability assessment alone.
- Zero-Day Protection and Intrusion Prevention
- Provides zero-day protection where a vendor has not yet created signatures or patches to protect against vulnerabilities in their operating system or application.
- Storage Protection
- Prevents data leakage by regulating usage of USB and Firewire storage devices, helping demonstrate institutional control for highly-regulated organizations.
- Centralized Visibility
- Provides full visibility into both remote and local vulnerabilities through the Retina CS Management Console and the integrated Retina Insight Threat Intelligence Module.
- Locally secure: Increased security through comprehensive local vulnerability scanning
- Solid foundation: Based upon the industry’s most respected vulnerability scanning technology, Retina Network Security Scanner.
- Simple migration: Faster mitigation with risk-level vulnerability prioritization with Retina CS.
- Efficient: Optimized network performance through non-intrusive scanning.
- Virtually secure: Reduce risk and close security gaps with vulnerability assessment for virtual applications.
Retina Protection Agent
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of Retina Protection Agent. Retina Protection Agent is a lightweight agent that augments Retina's remote vulnerability assessment with local vulnerability assessment capabilities. This simple tool eases the burden of meeting even the most stringent regulatory compliance, reduces security risks, and improves overall security across your environment.
What if you have multiple Linux and/or Unix systems? Sudo management can become onerous and unwieldy if you try to manage a different sudoers file on each system. The good news is that sudo supports multiple systems. more
LAPS is a feature that allows the randomization of local administrator accounts across the domain. Although it would seem that this capability overlaps with features in BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker Password Safe (PBPS), the reality is it is more suited for simple use cases such as changing the local Windows admin account and not much more. more
On Demand Webinar: Security Expert Russell Smith, explains how to use Microsoft's free Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool to create and deploy your own security baselines, including user and computer authentication settings. more
This month's Patch Tuesday is massive, to say the least, with a total of 13 bulletins, affecting many products and all versions of Windows. Earlier this month, Microsoft announced that the upcoming Windows 10 will not follow the typical Patch Tuesday cycle and updates will be provided when they become available. more
On Demand Webinar: Our latest webinar featured Dr. Mansur Hasib, CISSP, PMP, CPHIMS, in a discussion on electronic health records and the modern cyber criminal. Electronic health records are far more valuable to the modern cyber criminal. For the hacker, they fetch more value over a much longer period of time. For the victim – many who are still children -- the repercussions could last decades! more
Death, Taxes and Malware: BeyondInsight 5.5 Adds Malware Analysis. BeyondTrust combats advanced persistent threats with new capabilities in BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Console. BeyondInsight Clarity threat analytics capability incorporates malware analysis to identify APTs and other hidden threats. more
It’s clear that privileged password management tools are essential for keeping mission-critical data, servers and assets safe and secure. However, as I discussed in my previous post, there are several pitfalls to look out for when deploying a privileged password management solution. At this point, you may be wondering how BeyondTrust stacks up. more
Dr. Mansur Hasib discusses healthcare compliance and why healthcare records are far more valuable to the modern cyber criminal than any other data. more
Microsoft is on the verge of releasing its latest operating system, Windows 10. It has taken several nontraditional strides and also included some key components that we're keeping our eyes on. Read on to learn what BeyondTrust has to say about Windows 10. more
Leveraging complex, frequently updated passwords is a basic security best practice for protecting privileged accounts in your organisation. But if passwords are such a no-brainer, why do so many data breaches tie back to poor password management? moreSee all Retina Protection Agent blog posts