PowerBroker Privilege Explorer
for Active Directory and File Systems
Tighten security and access management procedures across Windows Active Directory and file systems.
Centralized Viewing and Management of Enterprise Wide Active Directory and File System Permissions
PowerBroker Privilege Explorer automates the process of analyzing and reporting on who has access to Active Directory and File System permissions. The solution delivers a centralized view of access and privileges, allowing administrators to know who has access to which resources while enabling them to identify potential exposures of sensitive information and intellectual property. With PowerBroker Privilege Explorer, you can be sure that users have access to the resources they need to do their jobs – and only to those resources.
- Report on who has access to directory resources for SOX, PCI, HIPAA and other compliance mandates
- Determine who had access to Active Directory resources when an incident occurred
- Provide data and business owners with reports on who can access their objects
- Compare permissions over time for specific resources and drill into the integrated logs of PowerBroker Auditor to see how these permissions were changed
- Easily roll back directory permissions to an authorized state to adhere to corporate policy
- Verify permission changes with provisioning systems to reduce risk of excessive access
“The PowerBroker Management Suite is a formidable set of tools for administrators dealing with Microsoft-centric technologies.”KuppingerCole
- Tighter Security and Control Over Access and Permissions
- Privilege Explorer offers a centralized view of enterprise access, ensuring that the right people have access to the right resources, minimizing the risk of data theft, security breaches or system attacks.
- Instantly Drill Down to Roll Back Changes
- Integration with the PowerBroker Management Suite enables administrators to instantly drill down on any privilege to find out how access to a resource was granted — and then click to roll back the change to return to the previous state with the appropriate access privileges set.
- Powerful Reporting Means Easier Compliance
- Reporting capabilities deliver the documentation and data needed to identify violations, and prove compliance to auditors and managers. Advanced filtering allows you to quickly target access reports to specific resources, users, groups, permissions and dates.
- Strengthen Security Without Over-Extending Your IT Resources
- By streamlining and automating reporting on directory permissions, Privilege Explorer lets you strengthen your data security and compliance strategy, without burdening your IT staff. Scheduled reporting enables administrators to run reports against the central database and automatically email them to administrators, security officers, and data owners.
AUDITING & REPORTING
- Uncovers where an account or group has rights, ensuring they have the appropriate access to just those resources they need for their jobs.
- Examines both object and group membership changes that affect access.
- Tightens security and audit access management procedures.
- Reveals the exposure of your sensitive information and intellectual property.
- Performs second tier auditing to track the actions of privileged users.
- Examines access changes to users and groups not only as the result of object access control changes, but also as the result of changing group memberships.
- Drills down to reveal how access to a resource was granted.
- Compares permissions over time with live and historical reporting, or displays current settings.
- Uses capabilities not found in native auditing, including point-in-time and historical comparison and roll back.
- Instantly roll back any unwanted changes through seamless integration with the PowerBroker Management Suite.
- Isolates suspect activity quickly and performs root cause analysis using an interactive console to filter for specific users, permissions and resources.
PowerBroker Privilege Explorer for Active Directory and File Systems
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of PowerBroker Privilege Explorer for Active Directory. This tool automates the process of security analysis and reporting, providing a scalable and cost-eff ective way to manage network resources across the enterprise.
KuppingerCole Executive View: BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor Suite
Read KuppingerCole's latest analysis of BeyondTrust's PowerBroker Management Suite. A veteran player in the PxM market with a comprehensive and flexible product portfolio, BeyondTrust is a vendor you can rely on, and their PowerBroker Auditor product line is a formidable set of tools, both as a standalone solution or as a part of an integrated platform.
PowerBroker Management Suite Version 4.0 New and Updated Features
Find version 4.0 new features detailed in this document. New features include NetApp auditing, a web console for improved usability, GPO auditing for deeper change management and additional translation of events and changes.
Learn how to properly define auditing, what kinds of detail auditors require so you can successfully pass an audit, and what kind of expectation you should have when it comes to proper time frame to address audits – all when using a 2.0 definition of an IT Audit. more
The KuppingerCole Executive View reviews the products in the Suite – including PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory, Exchange, File System and SQL, as well as PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory – including our business strategy, strengths and weaknesses. more
Auditing stinks. Well, mostly stinks. In this on demand webinar, lead by Group Policy MVP Jeremy Moskowitz, you’ll learn the three key tenets to real Group Policy auditing. Tenet 1: Why do you care about Group Policy auditing? Tenet 2: How does Eventing help you know “Who did what?” Tenet 3: How does Reporting tell you... more
Remember the Windows 95 Recycle Bin? It was a big leap forward to recovering “deleted” files. Well, it turns out that Active Directory has it’s own Recycle Bin for users, groups and computers, and it’s called… wait for it.. the Active Directory Recycle Bin. Here’s the good news about the Active Directory Recycle bin: *... more
In our latest webcast, we joined Darren Mar-Elia, CTO at SDM Software, to discuss best practices for Active Directory (AD) change management. Here are some key takeaways from the presentation, followed by a link to a full-length video of the presentation. Mar-Elia kicks things off with a critical insight: that the best AD change management... more
Did you know that the continuous protection feature in the PowerBroker Management Suite is unique in the market? You may have heard it referred to as continuous recovery or continuous backup. What is it? – It’s like the undo feature found in MS Word but for Active Directory (AD). PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory provides... more
Did you know about the create custom audit views and reports feature in the PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory solution? Even though there are already around 200 built-in audit views that ship with the product organizations need to be able to target specific information for their environment and the task that is at hand. Needless... more
Did you know about the native tool integration feature in the PowerBroker Management Suite? PowerBroker solution functionality is available through the native Microsoft administration tools referred to as Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT). These are the tools that administrators use on a day to day basis to manage their environment. What is it? – It’s... more
Have you ever needed to undelete or rollback a GPO, but realized you forgot to back it up or could not remember what changes were made to it? Well, we have had many customers with the same problem. That’s why BeyondTrust Recovery for Active Directory also supports group policy objects (GPO). When group policies are... more
Rapid installation and minimal training with no reliance on native auditing tools Unmatched scalability and performance (“Our typical traffic volume is more than 1.5 million events per day and Blackbird has scaled-up effortlessly,” Josh Munn, Senior Systems Administrator, The University of Mississippi Medical Center) Real-time collection and alerting for active directory and group policy changes... moreSee all PowerBroker Management Suite blog posts
PowerBroker Privilege Explorer for Active Directory and File Systems is part of the PowerBroker Management Suite, which provides centralized real-time change auditing for Active Directory, File Servers, Exchange, and SQL, the ability to restore Active Directory objects or attributes, and helps to establish and enforce entitlements across the Windows infrastructure. Through simpler administration, IT organizations can mitigate the risks of unwanted changes and better understand user activity to meet compliance requirements.
Audit and Alert
Audit the who, what, where and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, File Systems SQL and NetApp, and alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns
Recover and Roll Back
Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime
Discover and Enforce
Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources – and only those resources – they need to do their jobs
Extend and Enhance
Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, Windows File Server, SQL and NetApp environments