PowerBroker Password Safe:
Privileged Password and Session Management
Control and audit access to privileged accounts such as shared administrative accounts, application accounts,
and local administrative accounts.
Easy and Secure Password and Session Management
PowerBroker Password Safe is an automated password and session management solution offering access control and auditing for any privileged account, such as shared administrative accounts, application accounts, and local administrative accounts. Password Safe is easily deployable and offers broad and adaptive device support. The solution even simplifies traditionally challenging tasks, such as managing privileged passwords for service accounts, between applications (A2A), and to databases (A2DB).
- Secure and automate the process for managing privileged account passwords
- Control how people, services, applications and scripts access credentials
- Auto-logon users onto RDP and SSH sessions, without revealing the passwords
- Record all user and administrator activity in a comprehensive audit trail
- Alert in real-time as passwords are released and session activity is started
"BeyondTrust PowerBroker Password Safe is a solid tool for the secure procurement and dissemination of passwords."Frost & Sullivan [full product review]
- Network-Based Asset Discovery
- Leverage a distributed network discovery engine to scan, identify and profile all users and services – and then automatically bring the systems and accounts under Password Safe management.
- Dynamic Rules and Asset Groupings
- Utilize collected system details from the discovery process to categorize assets. Smart Rules can be triggered to generate alerts or auto provisioning based on system categorization.
- Agentless Session Management
- Password Safe Session Management using standard desktop tools such as PuTTY and Microsoft Terminal Services Client. This ensures administrators can leverage commonly used management tools without the need for Java.
- Analytics and Reporting
- The BeyondInsight data warehouse enables you to collect, correlate, trend and analyze key metrics. Built-in reports, such as the Password Age report, identify areas that require action. You can also customize reports to meet specific business needs.
Discovery and Profiling
- Find and manage all accounts: Discover and profile all known and unknown assets, shared accounts, user accounts, and service accounts.
- Stay organized: Quickly identify assets with common traits and automatically place them under Password Safe management via Smart Rules.
- Keep passwords fresh: Randomize passwords on a scheduled basis or upon check-in to eliminate risk of passwords leaving the organization.
- Ensure password strength: Define and enforce password policy to meet any complexity requirement.
- Eliminate old passwords: Analyze password ages and proactively report policy violations.
- Identify potential backdoors: Identify uncontrolled privileged accounts.
Session Monitoring, Auditing and Reporting
- Enforce accountability: Record privileged sessions in real time via a proxy session monitoring service for SSH and RDP.
- Adhere to compliance mandates: Meet password protection and audit regulations listed in SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI DSS, FDCC, FISMA, and other mandates.
- Communicate and comply: Build reports for usage, audit, forensics, and regulatory compliance purposes.
- Streamline workflow: Leverage true Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC) with Active Directory and LDAP integration for assigning roles and rights to users.
- Simplify requests: Manage checkout workflow with seamless connectivity to RDP & SSH via native desktop tools such as puTTY and Microsoft MSTSC.
- Accommodate firecall requests: Ensure access to password-managed systems after hours, on weekends, or in other emergency situations.
- Simplify deployment: Implement hardware appliances, virtual appliances, or both.
- Support any system: Employ out-of-the-box connectors, plus a custom connector builder for all systems that support Telnet or SSH.
Security and Uptime
- Ensure solution security: Rely on hardened appliances with FIPS 1402-validated components, AES256 encryption and HTTPS/SSLv3 communications.
- Understand asset risk: Review an asset’s vulnerability profile and understand security exposures prior to granting access.
- Increase uptime: Deploy appliance pairs and replicate settings for high availability.
PowerBroker Password Safe
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of PowerBroker Password Safe. BeyondTrust PowerBroker Password Safe is an automated password and session management solution offering access control and auditing for any privileged account, such as shared administrative accounts, application accounts, and local administrative accounts. The solution simplifies traditionally challenging tasks, such as managing privileged passwords for service accounts, between applications (A2A), and to databases (A2DB).
PowerBroker Password Safe 5.4 New and Updated Features
This document reviews the product updates included in the latest version of PowerBroker Password Safe. With PowerBroker Password Safe 5.4, BeyondTrust improves on key features and integrations with unmatched levels of security, accountability and control. The primary enhancement for this release is integration with PowerBroker for Windows password management and rule-based application support.
PowerBroker Password Safe Report Book
This document provides an overview of the powerful reporting capabilities in PowerBroker Password Safe via BeyondInsight Analytics and Reporting. BeyondInsight is BeyondTrust’s centralized IT risk management platform, which is included with all licenses of Password Safe. The sample reports included here represent a fraction of the capabilities the reporting engine is designed to accommodate for your daily operations.
BeyondTrust PowerBroker Password Safe: A Frost & Sullivan Product Review
Read Frost & Sullivan’s review of Password Safe. "BeyondTrust PowerBroker Password Safe is a solid tool for the secure procurement and dissemination of passwords. ...Frost & Sullivan endorses PowerBroker Password Safe."
DCI Exceeds Compliance Requirements for Privilege and Password Management
DCI implements PowerBroker Unix & Linux and PowerBroker Password Safe to meet immediate compliance needs, while future-proofing their processes for upcoming financial services regulations.
Managing Shared Accounts for Privileged Users: 5 Best Practices for Achieving Control and Accountability
How do organizations ensure accountability of shared privileged accounts to meet compliance and security requirements without impacting administrator productivity? Consider these five best practices... more
Today, we’re excited to announce new releases of both our Retina vulnerability assessment technology and the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Here’s a brief overview of what’s new in BeyondInsight. With the release of BeyondInsight v5.3, BeyondTrust solutions that come equipped with the centralized BeyondInsight management, analytics and reporting console now benefit from several additional platform... more
It’s clear that privileged password management tools are essential for keeping mission-critical data, servers and assets safe and secure. However, as I discussed in my previous post, there are several pitfalls to look out for when deploying a privileged password management solution. At this point, you may be wondering how BeyondTrust stacks up. With that,... more
There are many things in life that get changed regularly: your car oil, toothbrush and hopefully, your bed sheets. It’s rare that you give these things much thought – even when you forget to change them. But what if you’re forgetting something that can cost you millions of dollars if left unchanged for long periods... more
At the beginning of this month, US-CERT issued a security alert relating to a string of breaches that had been targeting Point of Sale (POS) systems. The alert details that attackers were leveraging brute forcing tools to target common remote desktop applications such as Microsoft’s Remote Desktop, Apple Remote Desktop, Splashtop and LogMeIn among others.... more
There is a reason all BeyondTrust Privileged Account Management (PAM) solutions share the PowerBroker name: They all inherently enable you to reduce user-based risk and can be integrated under a centralized IT risk management platform. Here’s one common use case that demonstrates how this integration changes the playing field. Consider the challenge of privileged access:... more
Today, we’re pleased to unveil the latest edition of our privileged password management solution, PowerBroker Password Safe. I’ll start with a brief intro of what’s new and then tell you a little about the driving factors behind Password Safe development. New features for mitigating password risk and ensuring accountability enterprise-wide Here’s the 10,000-foot overview of... more
What to Look for in a Privileged Password Management Solution: Frost & Sullivan’s Review of PowerBroker Password Safe
It wasn’t long ago that most organizations focused their privileged password management efforts on small subsets of critical servers and applications. Today, given the ever-present need to secure information, applications and assets, we’re seeing expansion of the password management footprint across servers at both smaller firms and larger enterprises alike. Whether to meet regulatory requirements, tighten... more
Don’t under estimate the complexity organizations face with managing and sharing access to privileged accounts. BeyondTrust has a wide variety of solutions that address the various challenges of privileged accounts. Here are 10 key reasons our customers need and value the PowerBroker Password Safe solution: 1. EVERYONE has trouble managing privileged passwords – While some... moreSee all PowerBroker Password Safe blog posts
PowerBroker Password Safe is part of the BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform, which unifies PowerBroker privileged account management solutions with Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management. Capabilities include:
- Centralized solution management and control via common dashboards
- Asset discovery, profiling and grouping
- Reporting and analytics
- Workflow and ticketing
- Data sharing between Retina and PowerBroker solutions
The result is a fusion of user and asset intelligence that allows IT and security teams to collectively reduce risk across complex environments.
Identifying, prioritizing, remediating, and mitigating
computer and network vulnerabilities.
Privileged Account Management
Managing user authorization to prevent internal data
breaches and meet compliance regulations.