PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory:
Change Control and Compliance Reporting
Pinpoint the "who, what, when and where" behind changes to Active Directory without the operational impacts of native auditing.
Real-Time Auditing and Change Control for Active Directory
PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory helps IT organizations meet PCI, SOX, HIPAA and other compliance requirements by auditing and alerting on Active Directory configuration changes in real time. Pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or impact operations via the solution’s real-time tracking of:who performed each change, what changed (including pre/post values), when the change occurred, and where the change was made
The solution's centralized database enables both auditing and recovery, delivering a broader set of capabilities than native AD auditing – without the operational impacts. Add PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory, and you have a continuous backup technology that enables you to both detect and roll back changes, minimizing the risks of business disruptions.
“The PowerBroker Management Suite is a formidable set of tools for administrators dealing with Microsoft-centric technologies.”KuppingerCole
- Real-time Centralized Active Directory Auditing and Alerting
- Audit, alert and report on all changes made in Active Directory in real time without relying on difficult and cumbersome native event logs. Centralized, real-time auditing – including before and after values – helps to quickly identify changes that can impact the security of the environment.
- Integration Across the Windows Environment
- PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory is part of a suite of auditing and recovery solutions that track and alert to changes across the Windows environment – from Exchange, to Windows File Servers to SQL Server. A single pane of glass helps administrators more quickly meet compliance needs.
- Integration of Audit and Recovery
- Leveraging the audit database, PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory provides a single-click option to rollback or restore an object or attribute that was changed, helping to quickly recover from inappropriate or unwanted changes that could negatively impact the environment.
- No requirement for Native Auditing
- PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory does not require any GPO changes or native System Access Control Lists to be managed or defined. IT can leverage native auditing using Microsoft ACS along with PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory to narrow the search for which audit log contains the needed information, making the process to find and remediate a change much quicker than using native auditing alone.
ACTIVE DIRECTORY AUDITING
- Reduce risk: Pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or reduce operational efficiency.
- Know who has access to what: Monitor access to mission-critical and sensitive IT assets.
- Ensure accountability: Track the “who, what, when and where” for every Active Directory change.
- Compare before and after: See old and new values for every change, including host name and originator IP address.
- Integrate with native management tools: Gain single-click access to item and user histories via integration with native management tools such as Active Directory Users and Computers, Sites and Services, ADSI Edit and others.
REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
- Centralize all audits: Access all audit data via a single database, even for multiple AD forests.
- Customize to your needs: Leverage intuitive wizards to quickly build custom reports and convert any view into a report.
- Automate reporting: Take advantage of expanded delivery options and formats via SQL Server Reporting Services
- Confirm compliance: Provide access and change histories for compliance with SOX, PCI, HIPAA and other mandates.
NO NATIVE AUDITING
- Free yourself from native event logs: Conduct audits without managing SACLs or changing GPOs.
- Ease native auditing (when required): When Microsoft ACS auditing is required, PowerBroker Auditor can identify which native logs contain needed information.
DEPLOYMENT AND SCALABILITY
- Speed deployment: Ensure trouble-free deployments with a centralized database, agent and management console.
- Cover your entire organization: Audit environments with millions of users and thousands of servers.
INTEGRATED CONTINUOUS RECOVERY (Optional)
- Maintain business continuity: Avoid productivity and revenue losses caused by disasters or accidental deletions.
- Recover any state: Rely on continuous backups to quickly return to any previous state.
- Minimize disruption: Recover a full tree, a portion of the directory, selected objects, or individual attributes.
PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory. PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory meets several compliance requirements for auditing, alerting and recovering Active Directory configuration changes. You can easily pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or reduce operational efficiency via PowerBroker’s real-time tracking.
The blog feed is not currently available.See all PowerBroker Auditor blog posts
PowerBroker Management Suite
PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory is part of the PowerBroker Management Suite, which provides centralized real-time change auditing for Active Directory, File Servers, Exchange, and SQL, the ability to restore Active Directory objects or attributes, and helps to establish and enforce entitlements across the Windows infrastructure. Through simpler administration, IT organizations can mitigate the risks of unwanted changes and better understand user activity to meet compliance requirements.
Audit the who, what, where and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, File Systems and SQL, and alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns
Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime
Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources – and only those resources – they need to do their jobs
Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, Windows File Server, and SQL environments
LICENSE EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR QUEST®/DELL & NETIQ CUSTOMERS
BeyondTrust will offer current Quest/Dell (which includes former NetPro) and NetIQ licensees the opportunity to exchange their auditing, recovery, and event log management software licenses for BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor licenses on a seat-for-seat basis.
If you’ve had enough of high license fees, big maintenance charges, and low productivity, the BeyondTrust License Exchange Program was designed with you in mind. It makes upgrading to a superior Active Directory security and compliance product fast, easy and very affordable.Get the details
Identifying, prioritizing, remediating, and mitigating
computer and network vulnerabilities.
Privileged Account Management
Managing user authorization to prevent internal data
breaches and meet compliance regulations.