Patch Management Module for Retina CS
It’s more than a Microsoft world when it comes to commonly deployed applications on your network. Remediate those applications as part of your overall vulnerability management strategy with the integrated Patch Management Module for Retina CS.
Seamless Patch and Vulnerability Management
Even in today’s sophisticated threat landscape, the vast majority of attacks target known vulnerabilities that can be easily patched. Effective patch management goes a long way in reducing your network's overall attack surface. However, to be truly effective, patch management requires intelligent prioritization and broad coverage for common business applications.
Seamlessly integrated with Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management, the Patch Management Module closes the loop on vulnerabilities by providing seamless patching for Microsoft and third-party applications. Integrated, automated and agentless, the solution improves the efficiency and effectiveness of patch processes.
“...in Frost & Sullivan’s opinion, few security products have been able to address the unique threats presented by these technologies and practices. BeyondTrust provides the requisite security functionality to ensure that customers can safely embrace these new technologies”Frost & Sullivan
- Efficiently Patch Known Vulnerabilities
- Quickly fix vulnerabilities using instant or scheduled patching, and see the big picture with end-to-end reporting on the entire patch management cycle.
- Leverage Your Existing WSUS or SCCM Deployment
- The Patch Management Module reduces the effort and expense by leveraging your existing WSUS or SCCM infrastructure for non-MSFT applications.
- Centralize Patch and Vulnerability Management
- Leverage BeyondInsight as a WSUS / SCCM management console to facilitate seamless and efficient identification, prioritization and patching of known vulnerabilities.
- Unify Patch Management and Security Intelligence
- Use in conjunction with BeyondInsight’s reporting engine, which delivers analytics and trending across the threat lifecycle for multi-dimensional reports on assets, vulnerabilities, attacks and remediation.
- Integrated with Microsoft WSUS or SCCM: Leverage your existing WSUS / SCCM deployment to minimize the effort and expense of patch management processes.
- Extends WSUS and SCCM beyond Microsoft applications: Leverage WSUS / SCCM as a single, integrated patching solution for Windows and third-party applications including Adobe and Mozilla (Firefox), and more.
- Patch prioritization: Prioritize patching based on data from Retina vulnerability management, configuration compliance and regulatory compliance capabilities.
- Immediate patching: For critical assets, use "Patch Now" to reduce the attack surface without waiting for the next scheduled patch update.
- Out-of-the-box reporting: View patch availability, targets requiring patches, patch deployment results, and more.
- Integrated data warehouse and business intelligence: Provide executive and operational views into patch processes.
- Air-gapped network support: Retina CS includes support for disconnected or “air-gapped” WSUS environments, common in many government deployments.
- Role-based access: Support distributed teams with role-based viewing and patching of specific asset groups.
Retina CS Add-On Modules
Download this overview document detailing the capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of the three Retina CS add-on modules. By adding Retina Patch Management, Configuration Compliance and Regulatory Reporting modules to Retina CS, you not only gain a more holistic view of your enterprise security posture, but also significantly improve the efficiency of your vulnerability management program.
As you all know, every month we host our Vulnerability Expert Forum (VEF) webinar. This is a time where our experts share valuable insight regarding new vulnerabilities that are discovered and the actions that need to be taken as a result. It’s a quick way to get up to speed on current potential risks to your organization... more
A type confusion vulnerability, recently patched in Java 7u21 and Java 6u45, has been spotted in the wild. According to a recent blog post from F-Secure, exploitation of CVE-2013-2423 started shortly after April 21st, 2013 and continues. Given what we know about Java, none of this is surprising. “Why?!” you may ask, “didn’t we all... more
Overview Retina CS enables teams to centrally manage organization-wide IT security and compliance initiatives from a single, web-based console. It provides discovery, prioritization, and remediation of security risks by delivering what matters the most – context. Retina CS is the centerpiece of the BeyondTrust vision of Context Aware Security Intelligence which helps organizations answer the... more
Miss our live VEF webinar earlier this month? In case you did, I’ve put all of the content together for you below. Enjoy! Additionally, access this month’s Security Bulletin, a list of all the Audit IDs, and the PDF of the presentation. If you have additional questions you’d like to ask the research team about... more
Miss our live VEF webinar earlier this week? In case you did, I’ve put all of the content together for you below. Enjoy! Additionally, access this month’s Security Bulletin, a list of all the Audit IDs, and the PDF of the presentation. If you have additional questions you’d like to ask the research team about... more
Miss our live VEF webinar earlier this week? In case you did, I’ve put all of the content together for you below. Enjoy! Additionally, access this month’s Security Bulletin, a list of all the Audit IDs, and the PDF of the presentation. If you have additional questions you’d like to ask the research team about this month’s... more
eEye has always taken a “zero gap” approach to our threat management product strategy. That thinking has been the driver for our market firsts in support for new technologies such as cloud, mobile, and virtualization vulnerability management. These new technologies bring tremendous benefits, but they also bring risks with them as well, which must be... moreSee all Patch Management Module blog posts